Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Farm life: Miss Avocado

avocado
avocado

avocado

Once again I'm amazed at how much I love the farm life. When I have time to hang out back with Avocado, I'll let her out to run around and dig in the dirt. The chickens love when she roots right next to their pen and get the occasional grass flying their way. She especially loves rolling around in the dirt where she roots. The best part is she'll let me walk right up to her and scratch and love on her. As i relay my stories to Mitch, he asks me if I'll be able to send her to the butcher like Einstein. Avocado is definitely friendly than her brother, and as harsh as it may sound to a lot of people, she was bought and raised with that as the end. I'm learning that this is the ideal for all meat animals. And the life my pigs are living are far better than the standard factory farm. Until miss avocado reaches ideal market weight, we are going to have a fabulous time hanging out together at work, as she gets to run around and root in the earth.


On Valentine's day we were able to pick up our meet from Einstein. there was a wonderful sense of accomplishment. He wasn't as large as we thought, his dead weight was 113. Mom and I split a half giving us about 25 lbs each and we let Chase buy the other half. Mitch was impressed by the packaging and has even eaten some {and for anyone who knows my sweet hubby knows what an accomplishment this is. he's a 'city' boy and doesn't want to associate his dinner with a face}. He even mentioned we should do a cow after seeing the packaging..... 
.......I ran with that idea and have a calf on the way now.

Untitled

No comments: