Thursday, October 2, 2014

presenting my first nephew


TOBIAS GRANT BARTON

friday september 26th this handsome little guy was born. my first nephew. first grandson. first great grandson. i got up at 5:15 to make it to 6:00 am bikram yoga. instead i had a slew of missed calls and texts from the family. gathering up my yoga gear and my camera i made my way to the freeway. north for yoga or south for family. i went south. sadly once there, i realized that my camera was completely dead and didn't even have enough juice for one shot! after searching the house high and low for a camera.... i gave up and realized that mom and i had missed toby's grand entrance by a minute or two. abby's water broke at 2:18 am and toby was born at 6:18 am. i'm grateful for the chance i've had to be near for both of abby's babies births. and even though thinking about all the things that are involved with birth - reading, prepping, pregnancy etc... - give me anxiety currently, i look forward to the day i can be blessed with a precious little soul.